Monday, December 3, 2018

First Expedition


Thursday: November 21, 2018


Since I was going to be starting on Saturday the 24th, I decided to go and take a look at the venue in order to not be confused on the day of work. So I invested 3 hours of travel time just to get to the place and get back home. Although this wasn't necessarily useful because the way wasn't at all confusing, but it emboldened me a bit to take the first leap that weekend.

It was a decent day with plenty of sunshine and mild, but intermittent drizzle. I traveled from my home to Willesden green then onto the tube till Waterloo. I switched stations there and was lucky enough to quickly get a train to Twickenham. When I reached the town, I started walking in the wrong direction but realized pretty quick and doubled back after a quaint bridge above the train tracks. Made a couple calls and walked to where I was meant to report on the day of work.

The trip back was quick, but I took a stroll to the London eye and back to Waterloo station before going back home. It was a busy time of evening in that part of the city, but it was worth the visit.

During this long trip, my headphones ran outta juice, but I learnt a valuable lesson that day. It was getting pretty chilly and the wind made the weather seem colder. In order to keep warm, I just kept my headphones on and protected my ears. I will certainly employ this trick on countless more occasions to come.


3 comments:

  1. Wow. Wonderful to read. Looking forward to listen to more of your interesting stories. Best wishes for more adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful write up. Simple yet fascinating. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to read more interesting stories about your interactions with people too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful write up. Simple yet fascinating. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to read more interesting stories about your interactions with people too.

    ReplyDelete